When done right, low-carbon actions can unlock co-benefits, engage diverse communities, and bolster robust knowledge capture and transfer opportunities. That’s why in 2018, The Atmospheric Fund (TAF) established a new two-year Social Innovation Skills Fund. It’s designed to help TAF grantees and allies access specialized training opportunities that make their climate action programs even more effective. TAF will provide support to organizations to assist their staff and partners strengthen social innovation skills. TAF has allocated $45,000 per year to this unique funding opportunity.
These funds will provide financial support to TAF grant recipients and/or collaborators who wish to attend training courses, educational conferences or seminars, or to hire coaches to build internal capacity within their organizations. TAF will focus this funding support in the following areas:
- Management of multi-sectoral initiatives (collective impact)
- Partnership brokering
- Strategic program design
- Developmental evaluation
- Inclusive engagement
- Scaling impact
- Other training specifically related to improving emissions reduction outcomes in the GTHA
Eligibility Criteria and Process
- Applicants must be working on behalf of a local charity, not-for-profit organization or municipality to advance low-carbon action within the GTHA, for example:
- As a TAF grant recipient
- As a member of a formal collaboration of which TAF is a member
- As a municipal or community leader with a clear focus on advancing low-carbon actions directly, or through advancement of co-benefits in the context of a carbon reduction initiative.
- Training opportunities must be provided by a credible organization and by qualified trainers.
- TAF will not support out-of-province travel costs
- TAF will, at its discretion, support all relevant costs including event registration fees, consulting fees, training supplies and materials, and transportation and local accommodation expenses, as required.
- If you wish to apply for this funding support, please complete this application form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org