We fund high impact climate solutions to create low-carbon, equitable cities in the GTHA
What we fund
Deep energy retrofits
Low-carbon new construction
We really want to fund your building or transportation project if you can…
Grant intake schedule
|Expression of interest due||Full Grant application due|
|Winter 2021||January 15||February 19|
|Spring 2021||April 1||May 7|
|Summer 2021||July 16||August 27|
Check out these inspiring projects
The following entities are eligible in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area
If your non-profit or municipality meets our criteria, let’s dig in further to see if we’re well matched.
How to Apply
When are grant application deadlines?
- Winter 2021: Expressions of Interest are due January 15, full grant applications are due February 19.
- Spring 2021: Expressions of Interest are due April 1, full grant applications are due May 7.
- Summer 2021: Expressions of Interest are due July 16, full grant applications are due August 27.
What will TAF not fund?
- Partisan political activities
- Projects where the primary activity is an event such as a conference, workshop, or training session
- A request that builds on, or is another phase of, a project by the same proponent currently being funded by TAF. However, TAF can provide concurrent funding to the same proponent for different projects
What are eligible expenses?
Grants can be used to fund all project-related costs, including project evaluation and third-party advisory services. Funding can also be used to offset operating costs and a portion of administrative costs directly linked to a TAF-funded project.
How do I submit my application?
Once you have discussed your idea with our grants team, you can submit your Expression of Interest. Upon recommendation from staff, complete and submit an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the following information:
- Completed budget spreadsheet
- Evidence of legal status as a registered charity or not-for-profit organization
- Most recent financial statements (audited where possible)
- Names and affiliations of Board directors
We may request additional materials to support your grant proposal. These could include references, confirmation of other sources of funding, CVs/LinkedIn profiles of project team members, etc.
Which application form should I use?
We fund initiatives at different stages of the project cycle, from concept development to project implementation. Please use our standard application form for proposals that are fully-developed. If you seek support to refine early-stage ideas and demonstrate their feasibility, please use our concept development application form. These grant requests tend to be smaller (e.g., $10,000 to $20,000) over a shorter time period (e.g., 6 months). If you’re not sure which form is best suited to your project, please contact us.Question 6: How do you estimate the emissions impact of my project?
How do you estimate the emissions impact of my project?
TAF analyzes each project’s emissions reduction potential with the help of its in-house emissions quantification expert. We base our analysis on the details you provide regarding how you will design your project and what the anticipated scale-up opportunities are across the region. As part of our technical analysis, we may get in touch with you to clarify your key assumptions or to request further research to support our calculations.