Our investments are evidence based and expert reviewed
TAF brings strong vetting and oversight, seasoned financial expertise, and multi-levelled due diligence to any deal we consider. This is performed by:
- A staff team with decades of experience
- A multi-disciplinary Investment Committee appointed by TAF’s Board of Directors, made up of business leaders with expertise in the finance, technical, legal, and operational aspects of investing
- Third-party technical experts relevant to each opportunity
Our deals will meet your return goals and improve everyone’s quality of life
Our track record speaks for itself. With $35 million invested to date, we have achieved returns across our portfolio of direct investment that are well above concessionary norms. How do we do it? By:
- Underwriting at the highest standard, with risk and risk mitigation at the core of the investigation and financial structuring
- Investing in industry sectors with solid underlying fundamentals
- Reducing risk through diversification, including investments in various sectors and at various durations. Our investment in most transactions is $0.5 – $2 million, with syndication creating opportunities for much larger deals. We often act as a first funder.
You may prefer a risk-adjusted market rate of return or we can balance concessionary return with impact.
In addition to investing, we contribute to the success of our investments by addressing the policies, information gaps, financing challenges and other barriers to commercialization, sometimes by providing grants.
TAF can play many roles in financial transactions
We are open to transactions with intermediaries, government funding sources, financial institutions, or funds. Let’s talk about how we can meet your goals for market-moving co-investments. Contact us today:
- Tim Stoate, Vice President, Impact Investing | 416-393-6368, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracy Haynes, Manager, Investor Partnerships | email@example.com